Remedies to strengthen the nails: here is the recipe for strong and healthy nails with natural ingredients and easily available at home.
Well-groomed nails not only make your hands look longer, more beautiful and elegant, but also improve our image. Always having them in perfect condition should be part of our beauty and personal hygiene routine. If we don't pay the right attention to them, we risk losing the beauty of our nails.
Our hands don't live under a glass dome! Inevitably, our nails are exposed to toxins and chemicals. Consequently they will tend to deteriorate, to weaken so much that they fall apart. This situation is not only a problem of aesthetics, but also of health since they are subject to the risk of infections and fungi.
On the market we find various creams and specific treatments to strengthen the nails but if you prefer completely natural solutions to be made comfortably at home, there are many DIY recipes from which you can take inspiration.
In fact, we can prepare various treatments of natural origin which, with a minimum expense, help to strengthen and protect the nails. In this regard, we will show you some remedies to strengthen nails with ingredients readily available at home. Let's see in detail how to make a strengthening and nourishing lotion based on oils and garlic. take note!
Even if there are different habits to keep nails strong and healthy, an extra dose of essential nutrients never hurts through the external application of products with moisturizing and repairing properties.
Healthy and natural ingredients to strengthen nails
In this case, the ingredients are almond and olive oil, combined with garlic. Once absorbed, the lotion will help strengthen and moisturize weak nails with a tendency to flake.
It is a 100% natural product, with a high content of essential fatty acids, antioxidants and minerals, whose reinforcing effects offer a protective barrier from harmful agents of the external environment. Regular use of this lotion improves the appearance of the cuticles and ensures the supply of antibacterial and antifungal substances that prevent infections.
Remedies to strengthen nails, oil and garlic based lotion
The lotion is ideal for those who have difficulty having long and beautiful nails, because it prevents them from flaking, promoting their natural growth.
Olive and almond oil contain large amounts of vitamin E, a nutrient that stands out for its repairing properties. The lotion also uses the sulfur compounds of garlic to strengthen the nails without exposing them to unwanted reactions.
What we need
Since the ingredients are 100% natural, they can be handled without risk of problems and do not represent a danger to skin health. It is necessary to procure "pure" or "extra virgin" ingredients, in the case of oil, because the refined ones do not provide the same nutrients.
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 100 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 50 grams of almond oil
- Glass bowl with lid
- Clean nail polish brush
How to proceed
- Peel and crush the garlic in a mortar until the mixture is thick. If you don't have a mortar, cut the garlic cloves into thin slices
- Transfer the garlic to a glass jar then add the olive oil and almond oil
- Close the jar with the lid and leave to macerate in a dark place for 2 or 3 days
- After the maceration period, the product will be concentrated, therefore remove the garlic and mix the lotion.
Method of use
- After cleaning the nails from enamels or other chemicals, dip a clean nail polish brush in the lotion and rub all over the nail surface and cuticles
- Allow the product to absorb, without rinsing
- Apply the product before going to sleep so that the smell of garlic is not a problem
- Repeat the treatment every day, until the nails have hardened.
- For best results, you need to use the lotion every day as a part of your beauty routine.
- Even though your nails may appear softer and hydrated after the first application, it is essential to use the lotion consistently to strengthen them. The compounds in the lotion can act differently depending on the person and the cause of the weakening of the nails.
- Use should be completed with a diet rich in proteins and fatty acids, as well as water and antioxidants.
If you care about your nails but can't help but eat them, here it is some advice to avoid to do it in a natural and practical way