Recipes with pumpkin: ideas for preparing pumpkin-based dishes, both sweet and savory! How to cook pumpkin with recipes for every need and palate.
The cold of recent times brings with it one of the main ingredients of the autumn season: the pumpkin. Excellent to be used for savory but also sweet preparations; pumpkin is a very versatile ingredient. There pumpkin will allow you to experiment with lots of new, really tasty and low-fat dishes. Here are some tasty ones recipes with pumpkin able to satisfy even the most demanding palates!
Recipes with pumpkin:pumpkin chips
Among the recipes with pumpkin, the pumpkin's chips is one of the most delicious, suitable for children and adults.
Pumpkin chips ingredients:
• 300 grams of pumpkin.
• Spices (rosemary, thyme, sage).
• Rice flour to taste
• Sunflower oil to taste
• Salt to taste.
How to prepare the pumpkin chips
- Remove the peel and seeds from the pumpkin.
- Cut the vegetable into sticks (similar to the classic ones used in French fries).
- A fundamental step for the success of the recipe is to carefully dry the pumpkin. Then arrange the pumpkin chips on a large clean cloth on which to place another cloth to dry. Leave the pumpkin in the air for at least half an hour so that the excess water evaporates.
- In a bowl pour the rice flour in which to bread, little by little, all the pumpkin chips.
- Heat the seed oil in a non-stick pan. (Use the toothpick method to figure out when it's hot enough.)
- Cook the pumpkin chips in a pan until golden and crunchy.
- Place on absorbent paper to remove excess oil, add salt and add the spices (optional).
- Serve the pumpkin chips while still hot to the diners.
Tip: for a lighter version of the pumpkin chips you can bake them in the oven, perhaps adding some chopped spice. To get more crunchiness we suggest you cut the chips into thin slices (like the potato chips in a bag).
Recipes with pumpkin:risotto with pumpkin
Pumpkin is not only tasty but also light !!!! So why not prepare an easy and effective first course? An easy-chic preparation that will amaze your guests!
Rice recipe Venus with cream of pumpkin
- 200 grams of black rice.
- About half a kg of pumpkin.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 80 grams of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 glass of white wine.
- Half a liter of water.
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
- Extra virgin olive oil as needed
Venus rice with pumpkin cream: procedure
- Prepare some vegetable broth by cooking celery, carrot and onion in boiling water. Also add a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and let it brown with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the diced pumpkin and a little water to the onion. Deglaze the mixture with a glass of white wine.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated, cover the pan and leave to cook until the pumpkin softens. Don't forget to add salt and pepper, otherwise the cream will be too sweet.
- With the help of an immersion blender, blend the pumpkin and add the vegetable broth if necessary. Blend until the cream is smooth and homogeneous.
- Cook the black rice in the vegetable broth so that it acquires more flavor.
- Place a ladle of hot pumpkin cream on a serving dish.
- With the help of a pasta bowl, place the black rice on the bed of pumpkin cream.
- Add a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on the plate that will give flavor and that will highlight the colors of the Venere rice and pumpkin cream.
- To make the Venere rice with pumpkin cream even more refined, prepare small parmesan wafers by pouring a few tablespoons of cheese into a pan. Place one or more waffles on the rice creating a truly chic effect!
Pumpkin desserts:pumpkin and chocolate donut
The tasty pumpkin and chocolate donut is the ideal dessert both for a healthy breakfast and as a dessert (perhaps accompanied by a few balls of vanilla ice cream). Let's find out how to prepare one of the most successful of the pumpkin recipes. For otherssweet recipes with pumpkinwe invite you to read the page:sweets with pumpkin.
Fluffy pumpkin and chocolate donut: ingredients
- 250 grams of pumpkin.
- 125 grams of flour 00.
- 125 grams of type 1 flour.
- 30 grams of frumina.
- 1 glass of seed oil.
- 1 sachet of instant yeast for sweets.
- 1 egg.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- Half a glass of milk.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Chocolate chips to taste
- Vanilla sugar to taste
How to prepare the dessert with pumpkin, pumpkin and chocolate donut
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes and leave it to cook in a saucepan with water, making it soften.
- Separately, in a bowl with the help of an electric mixer, mix the sugar with the egg.
- Continue beating until the mixture is frothy.
- Add the pumpkin previously pureed with a fork.
- Add the sifted flours, baking powder and salt.
- Also add the milk and oil. After obtaining a homogeneous mixture, also pour the chocolate chips and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° for about 40 minutes (check the internal cooking using a spaghetti or a toothpick).
- Allow the pumpkin and chocolate donut to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar.
For the recipe of pumpkin jam or pumpkin with orange, we refer you to the page:Pumpkin Jam.Did you know that even the pumpkin peel has its usefulness in the kitchen? To discover other sweet and savory recipes to make with pumpkin scraps, read the page:recycle the pumpkin peel.
You might also be interested in